Overall Description: To Co-ordinate a new ‘pop-up’ Community Café within St James Centre.
Hours required: 10 hours per week, 5 hours on a Wednesday, 5 hours on a Thursday, to include operating time, planning and clean down.
Rate of Pay: £9.10 per hour
- Plan menus with food provided to make best use of produce and time
- Create a welcoming environment!
- Manage a team of volunteers
- Manage food donations and purchases to minimise cost and waste
- Label all food with allergy information
- Ensure Health & Safety and Hygiene standards are consistently met or surpassed
- Manage cash and ensure till is balanced
- Set and Clear down kitchen and Café (‘pop-up’ style in a Function Room)
- Liaise with partners to set up complimentary services within Café
- Cooking ability, including planning, preparation and presentation
- Polite, warm, approachable and pleasant manner!
- Ability to work with vulnerable volunteers from diverse backgrounds
- Experience of coordinating a service or project
- Experience of working with food
- Food hygiene training preferred but can be provided for right candidate
Please note: An enhanced DBS will be required
Responsible to: St James Centre Manager
Apply: Request an application form from: email@example.com